Monday, September 12, 2011

First Official Day of Preschool

Even though Gerrit has been going to Kids of Christ for 2 weeks now, he officially started preschool today. So we waited to take the ceremonial first day of school pictures until today. In hindsight we should've done them 2 weeks ago when the excitement of preschool was there. We now have a very unhappy 4.5 yr old who does not want to go to preschool. We can't quite figure out why after the first week things were great and then week 2 started and he cries and doesn't want to go anymore.
So this morning I was lucky to get him outside for a few quick pictures. He insisted on leaving the bandaid on his head (he fell on the rocks in Lake City yesterday) and insisted on keeping the pop tart in the photo (which is what he is holding in his hand).

Getting in a quick bite during the photo shoot:
Trying to 'smile'...oh how this is going to be fun to show him in 10 years!
I talked to him briefly tonight (I had open house at school) and even though he cried when Adam left, he said he had fun today with all the new kids. He made a new friend with an orange sweatshirt. I hope he remembers who this kid is because he may not wear his orange sweatshirt next time!

I asked Adam if he wanted the camera to get a picture of Gerrit with his teacher and he gave me the 'ya, right' look. I guess a crying kid who won't let go of his dad's leg would not be a great first day of school photo. Maybe we'll wait till the end of the year to get that picture!


1 comment:

mizz_marcy said...

I tried to phone tonight and was going to talk to Gerrit about his first official day of school. Looks like maybe it was a good thing I didn't get ahold of him. Poor kid. I hope he starts liking it again. Hopefully making friends will do it.