Gerrit still says he doesn't like preschool and maybe never admit that he actually DOES like it which is fine by me. I know he is enjoying it because Nikki checked on him when she picked Ollie up today. Gerrit was too busy playing to stop and say hi to Nikki! So even though he still has his mopey moments, he is having fun. Matt, Ollie's dad dropped her off today for her first day of preschool and when Ollie started to get weepy, Gerrit came over to her and invited her to play with him. How sweet, the team beat kids looking out for each other at preschool!
Gerrit was singing some songs from preschool today (this is HIS version):
"So rise and shine and give God the girly, girly...."
While I had a short coughing attack during our Dairy Queen treat Gerrit says to me:
"do you have a frog in your mouth?"
(I guess Little Bear had one in his mouth this am - a kid show Gerrit watches before school)
Oh, and to top it off - Gerrit had homework tonight! He had to fill the letter lunch box with things that start with the letter C. How exciting to share with his class tomorrow all the things we found in the house that start with a C. I wanted to put pictures of my sisters in there b/c their names start with a C but I didn't think preschool kids would get it. I know I'll be laying in bed tonight thinking of more things we could put in it too!
2 comments:
awww, sweet story about Gerrit comforting the little girl. Glad he is having some fun and learning some cool stuff. Glory, glory. ^_^
love it! yeah, too bad the kids wouldn't understand the photos of us. i hope he has fun with the letter.
Post a Comment