Friday, July 1, 2011

Closer Than I Thought

This big 18 month old had his well visit this week. I just pulled out Gerrit's stats from that visit and they are closer than I thought:
Gerrit height: 32.8"                    Emmit height: 31.7"
Gerrit weight: 25 lb 5 oz             Emmit weight: 24 lb 15 oz
I thought Gerrit would've blown Emmit out of the water on being the 'bigger' kid at this age, but they are not that far off. I guess Emmit just carries himself differently than Gerrit's chubbiness as a baby. It is not surprising that Emmit isn't chubbier based on how much he can eat! 

We've survived another heat wave by staying cool at the pool. Yesterday we went to our pool in town and it was tough getting the boys out. Emmit decided that even though he was dry and had his clothes on, he wanted to go back in - clothes and all! 

Today we visited Deb in Lake City with a few friends and swam all morning. Emmit tried getting in the pool from the side - he must've thought it was like the baby pool in which he could touch! Gerrit loved it because he can touch on his tip toes and had very little fear. He is like a fish and I love how he has no fear (sort of).

No comments: