Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fun at Grandma Jackie's

Yesterday the boys and I went with Nikki and her kids to her mom's house. Nikki's 4 nieces and nephews were there too so there were lots of kids to play with and lots of toys. Seeing everyone there calls Nikki's mom 'grandma', Gerrit did too. So now she's grandma Jackie in our house!
 Gerrit enjoyed the pool: doing his twist jump to trying a flip, he tried it all. Emmit wanted to swim even though he didn't have his suit on. I didn't feel like going in, so Emmit was rescued before he made it to the top of the ladder.


When we were not by the pool, there was plenty of other fun toys to keep the kids busy. Gerrit enjoyed driving a go kart (it was electric which is why I think he did it), both boys loved the 4 wheeler (it too was electric and out of juice so Emmit couldn't take off on it), the bounce house was a hit by timid Emmit and Gerrit enjoyed a real 4 wheeler ride with Nikki and Ollie. Emmit tried to copy his brother by standing on the 4  wheeler doing 'tricks' and couldn't quite figure out the little tractor - his legs were not long enough to reach the pedals to get it moving.

It was a fun afternoon and great for the kids to play and stay busy! I'm sure we will be back before too long - need to make sure the toys get put to good use!

No comments: