Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I had a lovely mother's day this year. I know understand why when I asked my mom when I was little why there was not a 'kids' day' like there is 'mother's day' and her response was: 'it's kids' day, every day!' :)
I wouldn't change being a mother and love my 2 boys more than they will ever know. Gerrit showed me the card that was from Emmit and him and the decided to open it himself. Once he looked at it he handed it to me to see - how thoughtful of him!

We had a nice brunch at church after the service, I was able to get laundry put away that had been piling up (without a kid in toe -- which was the key here), and even a nap. I let Adam ride w/ Dave to Red Wing so we could pick him up and enjoy dinner out! How nice of me!

The boys surprised me with a new camera bag - one I've been seeing out there on the web and had been eying for some time - a Jo Tote! So now my camera bag looks more like a purse and it has extra space for purse like things so I have 1 less bag to take with me!


I took the picture of the tulips to show Opa how beautiful they look! I was hoping they would open up in time for Easter, but of course with the spring we were having, I was lucky they opened up at all! They survived a few frosts as well as snow and they look great! (Opa planted them for me one fall.)


So far, the boys have not messed with them either. I see Emmit eyeing them but, he has learned the word 'no'! 
Opa - thanks for making the yard look beautiful!

No comments: