I forgot about homecoming this past weekend...Gerrit and I went to the game with Anne, Luke and Paul while Adam stayed home with Travis and watched Date Night. This was our first football game of the season and Gerrit had a blast. He wished we had taken a football to the game (which I thought about but purposely forgot).
Gerrit watched the game a bit but wanted to hang out with Luke and Paul (who were too cool to watch the game and hung out with their friends). We couldn't find Luke but Paul had walked by and Gerrit wanted to go with them. Initially I didn't think Paul and his friend wanted a little 3 yr old following them - big 8th graders. Then I thought, they might want a CUTE 3 yr old with them to attract the ladies. I asked if they cared that he went with them for a bit and told Paul not to feel obligated to take him. Then I mentioned the lady factor and he smiled and his friend admitted to having the same thought as me! So they took the cute 3 yr old with them and as they were walking away, Paul's friend suggested Paul carry Gerrit for effect! I just laughed and went back to watching the game.
After getting a snack and hanging out with 8th graders, Gerrit found Luke and Maddie and disappeared with them for a while. I think he enjoyed hanging out with the big kids as well as watching the game up close (we sat on the sideline). I think he will be one of the few kids who starts school and has his own group of friends in high school!
We won the football game easily and Gerrit did great staying for the whole game.
2 comments:
So did Paul get any girls??? Cute story!
he said Gerrit helped a little - whatever that is suppose to mean
Post a Comment