Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FREEDOM!


The big task since we've been back from MI was to get Emmit to take a bottle. Of course he has to be different from his brother and not like the bottles Gerrit used. I did some research and found a bottle that I would try, only to notice it was an expensive bottle. All par for the course with a kid who only likes the most expensive pacifier out there! But after we visited friends this weekend (friends who had a son very similar to Emmit with reflux), she said her kids like the Playtex bottle and she sent one home with us. We tried it and he took it better than the Avent ones but still made it very painful and long. So I went out and bought a supply of the Playtex bottles and am working on getting the system down seeing these take a drop in liner. Tonight was the first time Emmit took the bottle w/o a struggle! I will now open and wash the other bottles!! More importantly, I feel I can leave Emmit and not worry about a phone call because he won't eat!

2 comments:

Kristin and Mike said...

Is he on reflux meds?

All my kids were and it helped. Sam needed it for a while and the girls for longer.

Worth trying if you are not already on them!

Love the sock monkey hat. Jealous of your skills as usual! : )

Caryn said...

yes, since week 2. my sister in law uped his meds when we were in MI. hoping to get the doc to agree in a few weeks. they are helping a lot!