You'd think it was Christmas around here tonight! Following Adam's ride and Gerrit and I chasing (picking him up) and dinner it has been total movement around our house. Gerrit and I took a quick shower (he needed it after playing outside and wiping his nose on his arms/cheeks, and I was full of softball dust - windy today), Adam put him to bed and I started baking. I needed to make Gerrit's birthday treat for daycare and the 612 party (I'll explain that one tomorrow) dessert. Once Gerrit was down for the count, Adam went to work - assembling Gerrit's bike that just came in the mail today (thanks to Uncle Travis!). I said to Adam after he finished the bike that I wondered if this is what it would be like if we were home for Christmas! It cracked me up to think that once Gerrit went to bed, we could go to town preparing for his big day tomorrow. Once I had the desserts done, I had to quickly wrap a few gifts for the 612 party as well as for Gerrit! It is now 10 pm and I'm able to sit down and rest...maybe I should just go to bed!
I guess I should be thankful we are in MI for Christmas. I have to do all the planning in advance which allows me to spread the hustle and bustle throughout a few days instead of one evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's so true!! i've thought of that before with us being in WI.
Post a Comment