Saturday, June 1, 2013

Home Sweet Home

 In 3 days we went from selling our house to buying a new one! If all goes well with the inspections, we will close mid July. Here are a few pictures I took with my phone:

I forgot to take a picture of the front of the house so this is a photo of the brochure:



When you walk in the front door, the formal living room (which also could be a formal dining room) is on the left:


The closet at the front door:

When you walk in the front door, this is what you see in front of you: 
(brochures for the open house which was later today)


(The deck  is on the other side of the table)

To the left of the kitchen table is the kitchen - love the stainless steel appliances:


I'm excited for more cupboard space and counter space. The counter color is not my first choice but I can work with it.


Ice maker, large fridge and room for frozen pizzas! (I'm not a fan of my side by side b/c I have to rearrange my freezer every time I buy a frozen pizza!)


To the right of the kitchen are a few steps down to the family room (wood burning fireplace).


Off the family room is the guest room:


Across from the guest room is a bathroom. It needs a little work, but it is livable for now.

Just beyond the guest room and bathroom is the mud/laundry room. I would've liked a little more room here but I can't complain. This also leads to the garage. There is a nice space carved out opposite the washer/dryer that we will have lockers build and put in that spot.


Big surprise we came across today (after we put in the offer)

LAUNDRY SHOOT!  Yeee ha! I've always wanted a laundry shoot. So in the little broom closet in the laundry room is the picture on the left. The photo on the right is the little laundry shoot that is in the hall closet upstairs.



 There is not a hallway, rather a landing for upstairs. This is a picture of the master bedroom. I wish the window seat w/ pillows was a bit wider - not quite big enough to sit on so I'm not sure what that will become - other than a spot for junk! 


 The master bath was recently updated. It has a large shower. We love the double sinks and high vanity.


A fairly large master bedroom closet too. :)


One of the boys' rooms. Both claim this is their room but it will be painted before we move or shortly after we move everything. 


This is why they are fighting over the other bedroom:

Who wants pink and purple???

The bathroom upstairs between the boys' bedrooms. This too could use a little work but again, it is livable. (I think the only areas in the house NOT redone are the 2 bathrooms and laundry room.)


Next to the bathroom (off the family room) is the stairs to go to the basement. We have found a home for Wilkinson's pool table!


A little room to the left of the air hockey table. I think this will house my crafts etc. There is not a closet or windows so it can't be considered a bedroom but will make a great craft room with some additional shelves! :)


In the backyard is a nice fire pit. It looks like a lot of the lots have fire pits.


Here is a picture from the edge of the backyard. Under the green tarp is wood for the fire place and fire pit. We are hoping they are willing to leave it :) They just bought stain for the deck and will leave that for us as well. It is in need of a little stain too. 


My next mission is to figure out how to cover up the underside of the deck in a tasteful way....

We are pleased with our choice and excited to do the closings back to back. Mid July gives us time to get settled in before school starts up for Gerrit and I. 

We are minutes away from the grocery store, restaurants, etc. which will be nice. I'm only 20 min (max) from school and Adam about 40 (which is why we never looked at the house before - but the price was right). We are hoping he can find a route that is less traveled by others that might be faster than the main roads w/ stop lights....

I feel like I can breathe and am happy we don't have to keep the house up anymore! I have 1 week left of school and then it will be major packing time for me! 

Gerrit is really happy to be done with this house business. He thinks all my spare time is spent on the computer looking for houses. He's very observant! :)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Congratulations! This is exciting news and the house looks great! We can't wait to see it! :-) Thanks for the update and keep us in the loop with everything. Praying that the closing/inspection goes nice and smooth.