I forgot about basketball camp! I was downloading pictures and realized I didn't download basketball camp. Camp was Gerrit's first week off (but I was still in school so we were busy at night!).
Love that form! I can't take much credit for teaching him - he comes by it naturally!
Here's the first grader campers (weird to think of him as first grade!):
They practiced ball handling in the 'big' gym (high school court) and dribbled in the halls (elementary is connected to the high school).
Practicing the 'weave'
This drill cracked me up! Pistol Pete!!
Gerrit was the only one that could catch the ball sucessfully!
Shooting on the big court for a few minutes!
Full court passing on the move
Look at that lay-up!
This is how Emmit kept himself entertained:
Gerrit loved camp and was bummed it was only 4 days. He was very excited when I told him there was organized basketball at his new school for first grade! (One of the benefits of a large school system).











No comments:
Post a Comment