When you think of the Plague you think you need to stay away...well that is what it was like at our house this past week. No one wanted to come near us for fear of getting sick!
Emmit started out the illnesses with a short bout of the flu Thurs. night. I stayed home with him on Friday due to a nasty cold I had. Even though Emmit seemed fine, I was suffering! He did play in bed with me while I rested - I could hardly keep my head up it was so full. I slept it off and things seemed to be getting better until Sat. night when Gerrit had the flu. Sunday was our little family Christmas before the Christmas program at church - well, we didn't make it to the program thanks to the flu. It was not worth trying to fight the crowd for a seat if Gerrit wasn't going to sing so we stayed home. Gerrit wasn't too disappointed as singing is not his thing - I think I was more bummed than anyone. Emmit enjoyed playing with his new toys while Gerrit laid on the couch and watched. I stayed home with him on Monday to make sure he no longer was ridding fluids at either end of his body. It gave me another day to nurse my nasty cold.
Tuesday we were all back to our normal routine and watching the weather closely. A major blizzard was predicted to hit WI on Wed. night and Thursday...Thursday we were to leave for MI! Emmit ends up with the flu again on Tuesday at daycare so our plans were set - we would leave Friday (and based on the snow Madison is getting, it was a good move regardless of illnesses).
It is now Thursday and Emmit is home from daycare still. He is starting to keep food down and play with his toys. He has been very cuddly the past 2 days which has been nice but it is great to see him start to show signs of himself again. I think we are all on the mends, my cold included.
We ended up getting about 5" of snow out of the major snow that is hitting Wisconsin. This hit at the right time to call of school for Gerrit. Luckily I was home anyways so the 3 of us hung out. We are waiting for dad to come home to snow blow the driveway so we can start loading the car. Our plan is to head out first thing in the morning and give the Subi a good test. Blowing snow is what is expected which we can handle. Hopefully the roads will be cleared by the time we hit Wisconsin in the morning. Once we make it through Wisconsin, it should be smooth sailing...we shall see!
Good thing I finished my class a week ago as it would have been a nightmare trying to take care of sick kids and finish a class! I am enjoying some extra time until mid January when the semester starts up again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment