Sunday, December 9, 2012

Q Bear Visits E. 4th Street

The weekend before you are star of the week in kindergarden, you get to take Q Bear home*. I am not sure why it is a bear with a Q or what the reason behind the tradition either. I know it has been going on for a long time because Luke, who is now in 7th grade, also had a bear for the weekend when he was in kindergarden. So, we went along with the tradition and noted the things we did this weekend that involved Q Bear.


  • He went to the basektball game Friday night where Gerrit met up with a few friends from school and stopped running long enough for a quick picture. 
  • He hung out with Cylde, our elf, at night - snuggling on the couch and playing Legos.
  • He accompanied Gerrit and I to Rochester, and made it through a shopping trip to Target.
  • Elf was showing for free across the street so we took Q Bear to see Elf. We only stayed for half (and seeing we saw it earlier in the week at home, it was not a big deal). {Apparently, Gerrit doesn't like with Finch comes to help out with brainstorming new book iddeas.}
  • Gerrit was brave enough to take Q to see Santa and stayed long enough to get a picture too!
  • And finally, with the snow falling, Q made a trip up Sugarloaf Hill today. (I took Rockne's Christmas card pic and that as the destination - behind their house. A beautiful hike up a hill that overlooks Z-town.)




And there you have our weekend in a nutshell as well as Q's. Gerrit will take Q back to school tomorrow with pictures of their adventures together! A great way to start off Star of the Week!

*Q bear almost didn't come home with us this weekend. Mrs. Boyum, Gerrit's teacher emailed me and said Q smelled so bad like smoke (from the previous home) that she was too embarrassed to send him home with Gerrit. She planned to take him home and wash him and Gerrit would get him next weekend instead. I quickly emailed back and said I would wash him as Gerrit was really looking forward to having Q this weekend - the bball game and visiting Santa. So, she made a trip back to school (I think a special trip just for us) and found a non-smoky smelling Q bear for Gerrit. So a big thanks to Mrs. Boyum for making this weekend extra special for Gerrit!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cara said...

Glad to hear Q bear made it through the weekend and we are glad that it helped Gerrit overcome his fear of Santa. Maybe next year he will not be afraid (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you). Bill & I loved his comment regarding Finch! :-) Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!