Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Glimps at BMX

Tonight I used my phone to video tape the boys' races. When I mean boys', I'm referring to Gerrit and Emmit. Yes, Emmit raced tonight - his first one! They have a little push bike race where they start them near the finish line and they do a little bit of the course. Here's the clip:  

Yes, that is Emmit crying at the first hill. He didn't realize how steep it was and was embarrassed he rolled backwards. It was cute hearing everyone cheer for him. He soon forgot about crying because he was asking to race again before we left! Next week....

Gerrit raced shortly after Emmit in the finals. He did well considering he didn't have a very good start. Uncle Travis ordered different gearing to try out (Travis and Adam think Gerrit is pushing a harder gear than the others which is slowing him down). He took 3rd again tonight and brought home hardware; our mantle is running out of room! He's raced about 6-7 times and all but one time has come home with a trophy.

Maybe next week I can take the actual video camera and zoom in a bit more. I was a bit unsure if I would be able to even video w/ my phone because it was me and the boys (and Luke) while Adam rode over to the race...all worked out though.

No comments: