Wednesday we made the trek to get our tree. The weather was perfect and the selection was awesome. It Gerrit liked holding the saw and Emmit even held it for a brief time. It is now decorated (thanks to the help from Gerrit) and we are enjoying the evergreen smell and beauty it brings to the living room.
Thanksgiving was low key which was perfect. Travis came for football and dinner. I didn't get to see the Lion's game (guess there was not much to see) due to cooking and decorating but Gerrit was insistent on putting on the 'miracles' (ornaments - not sure where he came up with miracles) before the lights so I had to get the lights done ASAP. I even forgot the garland and had to do that after he left for Iowa! It was such a warm day that after dinner we took a walk to the park. The boys enjoyed getting out and I enjoyed a little exercise after a big meal. We were hoping the 'cool' air would be good for Emmit (he got croup Wed night) but it was so warm it didn't do what we were hoping it would. Uncle Travis enjoyed the zip line which prompted Adam to join in on the fun.
Thanksgiving was low key which was perfect. Travis came for football and dinner. I didn't get to see the Lion's game (guess there was not much to see) due to cooking and decorating but Gerrit was insistent on putting on the 'miracles' (ornaments - not sure where he came up with miracles) before the lights so I had to get the lights done ASAP. I even forgot the garland and had to do that after he left for Iowa! It was such a warm day that after dinner we took a walk to the park. The boys enjoyed getting out and I enjoyed a little exercise after a big meal. We were hoping the 'cool' air would be good for Emmit (he got croup Wed night) but it was so warm it didn't do what we were hoping it would. Uncle Travis enjoyed the zip line which prompted Adam to join in on the fun.
Friday, Adam and Gerrit left for Iowa with Dave, Paul and Luke. Stay tuned for a few pictures later this week.
2 comments:
You have a zip line in your park?! How cool. Assume that is a bit above Gerrit's ability at this point?
its nothing major. i hardly call it a zip line but that is the best description of it. it doesn't go down, just straight across. gerrit can hang on to it from end to end when we lift him up and he has 2 working arms.
Post a Comment