Halloween was extra special this year because Oma and Opa were here! We had a quick dinner and then it was time to put the costumes on - Gerrit had been asking all day to put it on! We headed out to the neighbors first. Shorty was sitting on the wall awaiting our arrival. Emmit was a quick learner - he had no problem getting candy from the bowl and filling his pumpkin with as much as he could before we pulled him away. (Thankfully he's cute so he didn't look like a greedy kid!) At Garry and Shirley's (the other side of Nick and Shorty's), Emmit stuffed 7 popcorn balls in his bucket before we had to hide the bowl of popcorn balls! We made a quick stop at Langley's before heading over to Dahlen's where Luke took they boys up and down his street (with Adam's assistance). I stayed at the house with Oma and Opa and enjoyed an adult beverage (my kind of trick or treating!). Gerrit lasted only a few houses before he wanted to go home. Emmit on the other hand was knocking on the doors and helping himself to as much candy as he could get his hands on!
It was a fun night, not a ton of candy which I'm thankful for (so I don't eat it all). Gerrit enjoyed his cape and tried to get it to 'fly' in the wind. Emmit picked off all the details I had glued on to his costume. (Note to self: sew the details on and the costume will last longer!)
I love thinking of costumes for the boys - trying to keep them as a 'duo' of some sort. We already have an idea for next year and we have a year to talk it up and hope Gerrit will agree to it rather than be want to be a football player (again). Until next year - Happy Halloween!
I love thinking of costumes for the boys - trying to keep them as a 'duo' of some sort. We already have an idea for next year and we have a year to talk it up and hope Gerrit will agree to it rather than be want to be a football player (again). Until next year - Happy Halloween!
1 comment:
Now THAT really is a Dynamic Duo!
Post a Comment