Monday, December 6, 2010

Disappointing Photo Shoot

Yesterday we had the boys' pictures taken in Roch. I thought I would get a bigger bang for my buck if we went back to Traci and paid for an hour and took home the CD of all the pictures taken rather than my cheapo route of JC Penny. I thought we could combine Emmit's one yr pictures and a few pictures of the boys and use it for the Christmas card. I thought I had everything laid out - their outfits, the chair, birthday cake, and I was finishing up a pair of socks for Emmit to wear in the Christmas photo in the car on the way down! We got to her house and realized we forgot the shirts for the Christmas photo. I was crushed! Here we paid a bit more to go this route thinking we were getting a few things taken care of at one time only to be let down. I had their outfits planned since Oct. when my parents came and had been knitting like mad to accessorize their outfits! Adam felt bad because he was in charge of ironing them and left them upstairs rather than bringing them down by the door so we wouldn't forget them. I couldn't feel too bad because we didn't pay full price for our sitting fee because I knitted her a hat and was paid for it! Yep, my first knit for profit item (well, deducted from what we owed her). Anyways, Adam was a trooper and helped me do a photo shoot when we got home (although we will try it one more time tomorrow because Emmit was bleeding on his face for some reason).  Here is a sneak peak of a few of the photos taken:




None of the pictures of the boys together seemed to turn out. Either they were looking in opposite directions or Gerrit had a stupid look on his face! (this is why we are trying the Christmas card shoot one more time as I was hoping maybe one of the pics Traci took would turn out) We lucked out at least in that the outfits the boys were wearing somewhat coordinated but seeing none of them really turned out, no big deal... I will post the rest of the pictures on Shutterfly in the next few days for those family members who wish to order Emmit's one year pictures.

1 comment:

mizz_marcy said...

Wow, nobody looking at this last picture of Gerrit with hands in pockets would ever know he was not even four years old! He is looking so grown-up!