We 'celebrated' the holiday weekend by doing LABOR rather than taking a break from it! {I'd post pictures but when my computer was 'updated' my iphoto was messed with! I am not happy but was relieved to hear that this is a common problem, I just hope it is fixed soon!} Anyways, Friday night Adam and the guys road to Roch. where the families met them for dinner.
Sat. consisted of going through Emmit's clothes as the weather has turned cooler and his cooler weather clothing in his drawer were all 3-6 months - not quite going to fit him! Adam finished pouring level stuff to get the basement ready for tile. I took a break and went to Nunsense put on by our local theater group. A few women from book club were in it so it was that much more enjoyable! Dinner with Rockne's at Dahlen's Sat. night - I made pesto which was very tasty!
Sunday was a rest day - Adam went golfing with a few guys. Then he grinded a seam in the floor with the assistance of Travis and Langley (who had the tool).
Today was a busy day! I watched the kiddos (which tends to be the case with the basement project) and Adam, Langley and Travis laid tile. We are a few short so will have to order more tomorrow and hope it comes sooner than later so we can get the basement back in business! I love the blue floor. Yep, its a dark blue tile. I think with a fun rug it will look pretty cool down there. Pam and I went 'shopping' for rugs and craft storage on line and in catalogs as the guys were working on the tile. Langley's treated Team Beat to pizza for dinner so I quickly cleaned the main floor and made brownies for dessert. We ended up with 16 people in the house for pizza and beer! It was a fun quick dinner and tomorrow it is back to reality for me. Kids show up for the next 9 months! Eek!!
No comments:
Post a Comment