Tonight I was able to get a run in before dinner and Adam and Gerrit 'ran erronds'. (loved it!) They started playing football while waiting for dinner. It kept Gerrit out of the street and allowed Adam to pick a few weeds between throws. When it was time to come in, Gerrit wasn't happy. He didn't want to come in and give up his football! We got his hands washed and put in his chair (not before a time out for hitting dad!). He did eat a few pieces of ham but wanted to play football well before the rest of us were done with dinner. We were able to distract him long enough to finish our own dinner and then we headed back outside....for more football! Adam mowed the lawn and I played football (catch) with Gerrit for over an hour.
Lets just say bedtime wasn't a pleasant experience (I was hit with a golf club!). Yes, sweet, little Gerrit has another side to him -- you must know this side too! Its a side we see all too often these days but wouldn't trade him for the world - the other side of him is too precious! :)
Lets just say bedtime wasn't a pleasant experience (I was hit with a golf club!). Yes, sweet, little Gerrit has another side to him -- you must know this side too! Its a side we see all too often these days but wouldn't trade him for the world - the other side of him is too precious! :)
2 comments:
Just wait...as his vocabulary expands not only will you get physical rebellion but verbal too!
You have to love both sides that is for sure!
A Mentor mom at MOPS of a teenager said that when they are teenagers this side stays with them, they are just not as easy to control (we can't lock them in a high chair for a time out) so it gets much more frustrating.....let's just say I am not looking forward to these days.
However- I am always glad to hear stories like this because, I feel my girls are so much naughtier than Gerrit and I then I feel a bit ashamed...good to know he has this side- I feel a bit of redemtion!
Post a Comment