Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Swing and a Miss

We are watching our friends boys for a few days which is always fun. I was able to get dinner made without being interrupted by Gerrit! Following dinner the boys wanted to take Gerrit on a bike ride....SWEET! I'd have a bit of time to myself - I thought. Well, they thought differently...I was to go with them. After a few excuses, I ran out of them and ended up on a bike ride. It was a beautiful night so I couldn't complain. When we got back to the house, Gerrit wanted to ride his own bisick (bicycle). So we let him and before I knew it the other boys were in the toy chest (which is temporarily in the garage due to the work being done on the porch). They wanted to play tennis (it was after 7pm). I said no because Gerrit had to go to bed soon. So they played in the yard and Gerrit soon joined in because they were playing with tennis BALLS! I thought I'd make myself useful and pull weeds out of my tulip beds which got me started on pulling dandelions. The boys thought the dandelion puller we have was cool and soon took that job over. The older boy wanted to weed whip too. As Gerrit is continuing to throw balls around the yard, I have one boy pulling weeds and the other trimming my yard! These are the boys I will be watching a few days a week this summer...man, if this is how it is going to be, I will get a lot done! Can't get much better than this - free help! It wasn't until close to 8 that I was able to get things picked up and Gerrit inside (kicking and screaming all the way). Got him off to bed, Luke to practice his Spanish and Paul finished up the yard work.

When my night began with the thought of having a few minutes to myself...I guess that was just a swing and a miss. Maybe tomorrow I'll hit the home run and get some 'me' time.

1 comment:

Kristin and Mike said...

If you find out how to get "me" time let me know. : )