Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Poor Girl's Dream

We were pretty excited that MSU drew MN for the 1st 2 rounds of the tourney. It has always been a dream of mine to go to the big dance so we immediately looked into getting tickets and our bubble was burst when tickets were a minimum of $100. With the games being in the Metrodome, we knew the seats would be bad so we decided not to get tickets and just watch the games from the comforts of home.

That didn't stop us from seeing the Spartans. Another dream of mine was to see a Spartan practice and that dream came true when we went to the open practice sessions tonight (which was free!). Luckily Adam had a meeting canceled so we were able to go as a family and it was worth the 40 min. session. We had great seats and happened to be next to the hallway they Spartans came out from. I hi fived Sutan and Grey, just to name a few, while I tried taking a few pictures. Gerrit did OK as long as he had his popcorn. The Spartans ended with 2 minutes of slam dunks! Man can those boys jump! I won't bore you and go into details about the practice session, I'll just say, Dad you missed out! Following the session we stopped by the souvenir stand and picked up a basketball for Gerrit. (We are suckers but it was cheaper than buying tickets!)

Here is a snapshot from our evening....(click on the pictures to enlarge)


The evening ended with dinner at Punch...what a great night! The only way it would've been a better night is if I gotten my new camera.

4 comments:

Cara said...

That is so cool and I'm glad you were able to go as a family. I tried looking at the pictures, but I can't see them!

Caryn said...

check out facebook. it didn't work to click on them...usually that makes them zoom in. hmmm

Kristin and Mike said...

A new camera??? What kind?

elizabeth said...

i saw your pics on fb first and thought you were at the game, too. that's crazy about tix prices! well at least you got to see the practice.