Having a birthday on Leap Year isn't always bad; I get two days to celebrate! Yesterday I woke up and a gift was waiting for me. Adam and Gerrit got me a lavender scented eye pillow. I won't go into great detail as the reason behind it but I have one similar. I appreciated the effort behind the gift (he went to the Bibelot - a fav store of mine) and all but I will be returning it and as Adam put it 'getting myself something real nice' instead. Adam took Gerrit to coffee and I headed off to Lake City with a bunch of women for our first annual UFO day (UnFinished Objects). We had a variety of projects each were working on which was fun to see and hear about all the while looking out at Lake Pepin and admiring the view. (We often go here in the summer to swim and have never been there in the winter.) I worked on scrap booking and continue to make a dent in my photos. When I returned, Adam had brought home Chinese for dinner. I also walked in to a picked up house, a few loads of laundry completed, and the bathroom almost put back together! Adam has improved on his multitasking abilities! (That is a huge birthday present!!)
Today following church and my turn to teach Sunday school, we went to Bridget's for brunch. After naps we watched MSU win and headed out for my finale gift - dinner. We dropped Gerrit off at friends and headed to Roch to a nice Italian restaurant. We realized the last time we were there was for our anniversary which was when I told Adam I was pregnant. I made it clear that there were no big surprises I was going to drop on him this time! A coffee to go and a short visit at Dahlen's ended my birthday celebration.
I can handle not having a birthday 3 out of 4 years if I can celebrate for 2 days - I definitely milked it this year and will continue to do so in years to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like a fun weekend!!! i LOVE the UFO day. ha ha :)
Post a Comment