Gerrit has started a bad habit of waking up at 1 am lately. We would be too tired to deal with his crying so we'd bring him into bed with us. So we basically started a bad habit for him - sleeping with us! Now it is time to break him of this habit - not fun. He is stubborn (like his mother some would say) and can cry up to an hour before finally giving in to exhaustion. I figured it would only take a few nights and he'd realize there was not going to be any more slumber parties in mom/dad's bed. But then one of us would get lazy and want to sleep so Gerrit would end up in our bed (I won't say who got lazy...).
The past few nights Adam and I have been on the same page and said to each other before going to bed that we would NOT be giving in to him if he wakes up in the middle of the night. And low and behold (such an old saying, what does that even mean?) he has been sleeping through the night! I think I wake up at 1 in anticipation that he will be crying and I often think I should go check to see if he's alive because I don't hear him! And my whole point is to get a good nights sleep and now I'm the one waking up! This am he didn't even wake at 5 30 when he tends to (and we let him come to bed at this point because its close to when we have to get up). Adam did go in and check on him because we hadn't heard from him since 8 pm!
We are hoping that we all will soon sleep through the night and be back on track.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Elizabeth did a great job on your blog! Looks very nice!
Post a Comment