Sunday, June 22, 2008

Livin' It Up Lake City Style

Summer has official begun now that we've made one of several (I'm assuming) trips to Lake City. John invited us to hang out by Lake Pepin (backwaters of the Mississippi) and swim in the pool. Of course, the guys rode there and the ladies/kids came via car with lunch. Gerrit enjoyed the water but more importantly - WATERMELON! He couldn't get enough of it. He had strawberries, bbq chicken, and at least 2 wedges of watermelon at lunch.


We are wondering if the following picture is a result of too much watermelon...


And when he had enough to eat, he headed to get something to drink...yes, its a beer bottle (it was empty).


The view from the pool is so beautiful. It is my favorite part of spending time in Lake City. I thought it would make a great backdrop for a picture of Gerrit. It didn't turn out quite like I thought, but you get the idea.


Pam thought it would make a great backdrop for a family photo too. After many attempts, here is one of the better ones.

No comments: