Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Adam did what he wanted today - ride his bike (surprised?). He was suppose to take Gerrit on a ride but that didn't happen. Good thing Gerrit doesn't know any better yet and can't hold dad to his word! Soon enough. Adam rode with the guys south of town to a state park where one of the wives picked them up and brought them all back to our house. We had a BBQ and the guys watched golf only to find out 4 hrs later that a winner hasn't been decided yet! And the play off is during work - guess Gerrit and I will watch it.

Side note - I was making scotcharoo's today and using a spatula to clean out the pan and the handle broke. No big deal right? I continued using it and threw the broken part away and the stubby spatula in the dishwasher. It just reminded me of the broken spatulas my mom had and how we used them even if they had broken handles! Funny how things come around again. I didn't think twice to continue using it even though the handle was broken. Guess my mom taught me well. I did have to laugh as it brought back memories...

Here's hoping Gerrit is in a better mood tomorrow as he has been a bit 'off' these past few days! I don't want to deal with a cranky kid this weekend on my own!!

No comments: