Monday, May 12, 2014

Look Who's 7!

I was home on Gerrit's birthday due to no daycare for Emmit. Gerrit invited us to have lunch with him at school so we brought him Subway and joined his class in the cafeteria. I must say, I'm not a fan of the small tables in the elementary! He even gave me a hug as he headed back to his class! Loved it! I was also able to finish prepping for his party that we had that afternoon (no school on Friday for him made it even better)!


Gerrit had a few friends over to help celebrate his 7th birthday. Luckily, he only wanted his 2 best friends from school and the neighbor boys! He wouldn't wear his "7" shirt I made him to school, but did put it on when we got home so I could get a picture - I even found golf fabric to use for the 7!


His birthday cake was a bunch of cupcakes. I found this idea online and am pretty proud of my first 'decorating' job. 


Goodie bags consisted of a water bottle with airheads in it (Gerrit's favorite candy), chocolate covered Oreo cookies, an extra cup cake, sports themed colored pencils, foam golf balls and golf tees (thanks to the MN Corn Growers!). The tag on them read: Thanks for coming to my par-tee!


A pre-mini golf snack:



Such concentration by Ethan and Gerrit patiently waiting his turn:



Emmit moves his ball right next to the hole:



This was speed golfing at its finest! 


Jacob and Emmit have very similar mini golf styles - put the ball near the hole!



The boys were kind enough to stop for a group photo:



One last attempt at a group photo:



Gerrit and his buddies from school, Ethan and Christopher:



Ethan enjoyed helping Gerrit set up his Hot Wheels track he got from his grandma and GG:


Big smile!




Everyone enjoying their cupcake!



No comments: