Last night when I was tucking Gerrit in bed, he was reflecting on the night.
He said: I was pretty good tonight, wasn't I mom?
I responded: It was a pretty good night, I just wish you wouldn't sneak snacks. (He had opened a box of football shaped brownies after dinner w/o permission and later told me about it.)
Gerrit responded: I didn't like the brownie anyways - it tasted like a frozen brownie and I couldn't get Emmit's open for him to eat.
I asked where the brownie was and he said in his room. When I asked where it was specifically, he said in his cubby. I made him get out of bed and find it before I forgot about it and found it in the spring! He came back with it and says he couldn't get it open because Emmit had made such a mess of it, it was too hard to open!
I guess I will have to do a better job of putting the treats out of reach. I'm running out of room because the boys can reach quite high in our kitchen!
1 comment:
glad to hear he was honest & told you what he had done!
Post a Comment