Friday, November 2, 2012

Reaching His Goal

In school, Gerrit takes tests throughout the year to monitor his progress in various reading and math topics. We saw his scores from September and he'll be officially tested again in January. Until then, he does practice tests at school each month and we were given some to do at home. He sat down with his teacher this week to set goals for this winter regarding his scores....

Last night Gerrit asks: what we will do if I meet my goals, mom?

Mom: what would you like to do?

Gerrit: how about have a cake and friends over...he proceeds to describe his Lego birthday party and asks me if I can make a Lego army dude cake!

Mom: why not something with just our family - like DQ blizzards????

Gerrit: Ya, I guess that will work, maybe a game or 2 as a family? Like a running game and I'll give Emmit a head start seeing I'm faster than him.

Mom: sounds good to me....we'll see how much of this he'll remember come January!

No comments: