I realize I am lacking (again) in blog updates. Part of the reason it seems all we do is play football and you can only have so many posts about football. I realize our summer consisted of BMX and swimming based on the blog posts.
The other reason is SCHOOL!
Yes, Gerrit loves school - especially PE (which the first week of school he hated). He is working on learning site words to read and enjoys all that school has to offer (including convincing his dad to go to the homecoming game when it was 40 out).
I am trying to stay afloat with school myself. My classes are good and I'm adjusting to teaching middle school and a little elementary. The elementary is not my favorite time of the day, but I survive.
It is trying to get all my grad school work done before due dates that is tough. I not only sit in class o Wednesday nights (and stay at my friend Sue's overnight), but have papers etc to write on top of my everyday life. Needless to say, there is not much down time for me but it's only for the school year and I'll be done (that is what I keep telling myself). I can't wait to have my 'free time' back!
Anyways, besides school, Adam has started his season of racing. We just finished BMX (even though they are still racing, we are not going to try and do both) and Adam just started last week. It was a beautiful day so we all went to cheer him on (even though we did not see much of the course because of they way it was laid out).
Notice the look on Adam's face - its the same look on every other picture of him racing. The difference - the kit. Yep, TEAM BEAT is an official team - Adam is president and Paul Dahlen (15 yr old) is vice. My brother Jeff designed the kit and we love that Adam (and the rest of the guys on Team Beat) stick out from the rest. Yes, it is MSU green, but frankly, not too many teams have these colors which is why we went with them.
The other reason is SCHOOL!
Yes, Gerrit loves school - especially PE (which the first week of school he hated). He is working on learning site words to read and enjoys all that school has to offer (including convincing his dad to go to the homecoming game when it was 40 out).
I am trying to stay afloat with school myself. My classes are good and I'm adjusting to teaching middle school and a little elementary. The elementary is not my favorite time of the day, but I survive.
It is trying to get all my grad school work done before due dates that is tough. I not only sit in class o Wednesday nights (and stay at my friend Sue's overnight), but have papers etc to write on top of my everyday life. Needless to say, there is not much down time for me but it's only for the school year and I'll be done (that is what I keep telling myself). I can't wait to have my 'free time' back!
Anyways, besides school, Adam has started his season of racing. We just finished BMX (even though they are still racing, we are not going to try and do both) and Adam just started last week. It was a beautiful day so we all went to cheer him on (even though we did not see much of the course because of they way it was laid out).
Notice the look on Adam's face - its the same look on every other picture of him racing. The difference - the kit. Yep, TEAM BEAT is an official team - Adam is president and Paul Dahlen (15 yr old) is vice. My brother Jeff designed the kit and we love that Adam (and the rest of the guys on Team Beat) stick out from the rest. Yes, it is MSU green, but frankly, not too many teams have these colors which is why we went with them.
From now until December, our weekends will consist of a bike race, either on Saturday or Sunday. I have become a fair weather fan and will stay home (with Emmit) if the weather is questionable.
No comments:
Post a Comment