Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Little Beaver

I now have a 'babysitting' job....study hall this semester so I'm hoping that I can do a better job of updating the blog during this time. I'm stuck in the cafeteria with only my computer so it will be something for me to do to pass the time!

 I mentioned last week that I was busy organizing etc. Well, I finally took a few pictures of what I was up to:
The top left is a picture of one of the boys' shirts I made for Valentine's day...I'm a sucker, I know. As long as they don't care and will wear them, I'll make them tie t-shirts! The other top 2 pictures are of the cubby in Gerrit's room which we cleared out (it was used for storage) and put many of the boys' toys in there. As you can see in the bottom middle picture, it has been put to good use. They can leave their stuff out in this area and not have to listen to me tell them to pick it up! I think its a win-win situation for everyone! The bottom right is a picture of the cedar chest that use to hold a lot of the toys that are now in the cubby. The living room looks like a living room and less of a play area. Now if only the boys would like to be in the room longer (meaning I don't have to be around).

Emmit is smiling on the left because he loves his new bed! We took the bunks apart and each boy has his own bed in his own room. I'm in the middle of redecorating it and hopefully by summer will have it where I want it. It will help when the changing table is no longer needed (and Emmit is working on that). 

1 comment:

mizz_marcy said...

Nice job on the MSU tie! Toy organization is good, too. That rack with tubs sitting on a forward angle is very clever. I would think it might be easier and therefore an inspiration for them to put the toys away.