Easter weekend began with Oma and Opa arriving Wednesday night. Thursday, Oma and Opa watched the boys and at night we colored eggs with Luke.
Friday, we headed to the cities to shop and the boys had well visits. (I'll post stats from the dr. later)
We had our own little egg hunt in the yard before lunch. Gerrit was not shy at all this time around! Emmit wasn't sure whether he could touch the grass and eventually gave in because he wanted the egg. Gerrit helped Emmit out by finding all the eggs in the yard and putting some in his bucket. Emmit enjoyed the eggs so much, he continued to play with them inside - even after he got his Easter basket full of toys! Guess all he needed was a few plastic eggs.
The table looked great before dinner. I forgot to take a picture of the guests when everyone was seated! Travis, Dahlen's, and Bill and Tricia (friends Adam stayed with in France) joined us for dinner. I must admit, dinner tasted pretty good! I even made Tiramisu which even Nick said tasted good!
The table looked great before dinner. I forgot to take a picture of the guests when everyone was seated! Travis, Dahlen's, and Bill and Tricia (friends Adam stayed with in France) joined us for dinner. I must admit, dinner tasted pretty good! I even made Tiramisu which even Nick said tasted good!
We took a few pictures outside before Gerrit was allowed to change his clothes. He had his picture taken with Opa and his new golf bag. {Friday Opa and Gerrit went to Dick's Sporting Goods looking for golf tees and a chair for Emmit and Gerrit walked out sportin' the new bag! That's what we get for letting the 2 of them in the store by themselves!}
We ended the day with Gerrit's birthday celebration. He had recieved a few gifts all weekend which helped keep him happy until the 'big day'. He was a bit surprised by the size of the stack of gifts that were all for him! He wanted a football helmet shaped cake...so I attempted and it sort of looked like one. It coordinated with his football birthday shirt. He loved all of his gifts and I learned that in the future, assemble the Playmobil gifts before giving them to him - it was hard for him to wait until it was put together!
Adam had to leave because he had a meeting 6 hours away on Monday so he missed out on the cake celebration with Langley's. Dave, Pam and Logan stopped by for leftovers and cake which was a great way to end the day.
I was jealous of ZM because they did not have school on Monday and I could've used a day a to relax. Luckily Oma and Opa were around on Monday so I did not have to play single mother.
Gerrit loved having a day at home to play with his new gifts, and go golfing with Opa, Luke and Paul. Reality set in when I had to wake him Tuesday to return to our normal schedule.







No comments:
Post a Comment