At bed time Gerrit wanted 'bank' (his blanket). He usually doesn't take it to Julie's but today he did and left it there. The timing of when I picked him up was odd - they were headed out for a walk just as I got there so I never made it in the house, hence leaving bank behind (he wasn't going on the walk). Bed time was a bit rough without bank. When I finally went up to check on him, he had calmed down, but wanted bank. I told him he left it at Julie's and he wanted dad to go get it - it was close to 9pm at this point! I said it was too late but asked if he could use his 'little bank' (a small square blanket he got as a baby gift that is also in his bed). He didn't really give me an answer as I was hunting for it in his bed. Its amazing what I found tonight when I started digging in his bed! Anyways, I found little bank and that didn't seem to do it so I suggested he sleep with Emmit's bank (same fabrics, different colors). That seemed to do the trick and Emmit doesn't know he even has a 'bank' yet so he won't miss it. Gerrit was also trilled to see some of the toys I found when I went looking for little bank so that helped ease the pain. (I really should 'clean' out his bed one of these days - and I'm not talking dirt but toys!)
On a side note: Today was so nice out, I decided to walk to get Gerrit and let him ride his bike home. Luckily his bike is small enough I was able to carry it and push the stroller at the same time. Gerrit loved riding his bike but couldn't understand why I didn't have the car...I can't win! I try to do something nice and he's hung up on a little thing....
No comments:
Post a Comment