Travis and Millie joined us for Thanksgiving. A small and intimate dinner that was a bit later than planned. I thought I'd try the convection setting on my oven....only to have the turkey take a wee bit longer than predicted! Guess my turkey was larger than I thought! None the less, it was worth the wait - juicy and the rest of the food stayed warm during the wait!
Friday we went to get the tree....Just as we arrived, Santa (Ho Ho if you are talking to Emmit) and Mrs Clause (Mrs. Ho Ho) arrived at the tree farm. This was the first time Gerrit got close to either one of them without crying or holding on to an adult! Emmit still isn't there yet.
Of course, I'm behind the lens....
All ready to find the perfect tree! Took the wagon to the far end of the farm:
So many great trees to choose from. Finally we settled on one. Being in a new house made for an interesting pick - we don't have the nice tall ceiling where we plan to put it. We tried to go small but our its so deceiving out in nature!
Adam doing double duty - carrying Emmit and dragging the tree. Gerrit hit Emmit in the face with the measuring stick (on accident).
The boys on Sunday morning in their Christmas duds. It was pretty easy to get them dressed - Emmit thought his pants, shoes, and new coat were 'army' clothes! Gerrit had khaki's on but changed to jeans last minute. I wasn't going to argue with him.
Oh, the black eye and missing teeth you might ask about??? A week ago, Gerrit got into a fight with the slide at school. Came home with a real goose egg above his eye which of course left the eye a nice black and blue. The swelling is down and now its looking yellow. The tooth came out when he pulled it (it was pretty loose). The bottom 2 are finally coming in. Yes, he looks like a hockey player!
Emmit, hammin' it up. He had just refused to have his picture taken too!
Our very own Mr. Ho Ho in the tub! Having fun with bubbles!!
And I was able to get a little sewing in over the weekend. I made both boys cozy pants as we call them around here. Emmit chose Gopher fabric and is showing off his new pants!
Somehow the Lego dudes took over the boys' nativity set....






No comments:
Post a Comment