Saturday, November 2, 2013

Flag Football Fun

With flag football coming to an end, I realized I had taken quite a few pictures but never posted them. I have some video too but need to work on getting the video off the camera and onto the computer first. 

First game - in the rain! The bad weather is just the beginning for all of us - the boys having to play in it and Adam and I having to watch them in the same poor weather conditions. I think we will be investing in a few golf umbrellas as well as heated seats in the next few years to make these cold, rainy days tolerable!



A little defense in the rain. Ya, Gerrit was one of a few in shorts and it was a cold rain!



Emmit was a trooper watching in the rain - he had his Lego Star Wars umbrella so he was happy!



A much better night for football:



Emmit didn't mind having to go to football every week. He took along his own equipment and played on the sideline. Luckily there was another little brother that he played very well with:



Gerrit played quarter back, here's a hand off. Love the kid in the background - not even paying attention to what was going on!



Again, Emmit enjoying his own football from the sidelines:



From kick offs to hand offs, Emmit practiced it all with dad!



All smiles!


Gerrit and the Badgers:



Enjoyed running the ball as much as throwing it:



Caught the boys huddling up on their own without the coach. I have no idea what was said, if anything, but it sure looked cute from the sidelines. 



Ready to run! (The coach played QB periodically too)



Getting his medal from one of the coaches at the last game:



A very happy boy who can't wait till next season!


We were very proud of Gerrit for seeing the season through. He is very tough on himself (guess who he gets that from?) and a few weeks didn't want to go to football. He played with boys he does not go to school with either which was a big step for him. He can be very shy and timid but he wasn't. He loved it and was glad we 'made' him go to practice/games when he didn't want to go. His coaches told me he was ready for tackle football because he was more advanced than most of the boys. I said I was not ready for tackle and flag will be just fine for a few more years!

No comments: