We have made the transition to the 'big' city. Everything went smoothly with the 2 closings. The difficult part was dealing with the heat. When we moved to Z-town, it was the coldest weekend of the year and I think this move put us at the hottest weekend of the year! Thanks to wonderful neighbors, we were able to leave odds and ends at their house after the truck and storage unit were full! We were house guests at John and Deb's and they were wonderful hosts! Dinner made for us the night we loaded the truck and pancakes for breakfast both days! A surprise breakfast with the group was a nice touch for the big move. And dinner at Langley's when we were 'homeless' - living with John and Deb while we waited for the closings on Tuesday. The boys enjoyed a few days with Luke and Paul while we did the tough work (and they had swimming lessons so they needed to stay the week).
Pam and Paul came up on closing day to help paint and unload the truck. It was a hot afternoon but the big stuff found new homes and the boys' rooms got a fresh coat of paint. I painted the boys' bathroom before we picked the boys us because I didn't want any 'help' from them. We were able to get the boys' rooms put together enough for them to feel like it was familiar to them by Friday. They were excited to see the house and I think they were shocked to see our furniture in it (they were not around when we loaded the truck).
A few things to note since moving in to the new house:
- it is important to have a valid drivers license when closing on a house - learned mine expired when I was at the bank the morning of the closing -- rather than doing a walk through of the new house, I went to renew my license. Oops. At least I got the new address on it already!
- took less than an hour before the boys wanted to drop things down the laundry shoot.
- Emmit seems to like our bathroom to take care of business.
- Emmit loves tub showers - laying in the bathtub while the shower is running (we didn't have this feature before).
- Gerrit loves to race cars on our street (its not a real busy street and we don't have sidewalks)
- there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood for the boys to play with, including a boy next door that is almost 5 and a 5th grader 2 doors down.
- Adam loves his commute - 20 some miles and 30 min. which is a 3rd of the time it was from Z-town
- I love my kitchen!!
- Adam and I realize we are not 30 anymore and are sore and tired from the past few weeks.
I didn't take many pictures of the move as there was a lot going on but I will post pictures of the house once I get rid of these cardboard boxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment