Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gerrit Proofing

Now that Gerrit is on the move, he loves to go where he shouldn't. We have moved many items up and out of his reach; however, he still tries to go where we'd rather not have him go! He amazes us each day as he reaches higher, climbs up higher, seems to have little fear, and has figured out our barricades by the stairs.



Today, we have been relaxing in the basement and one place Gerrit has seemed to enjoy is the fireplace. It does not work and I have put decorative candles in it which we no longer light because of him. I got sick of telling him not to climb in the fireplace and when he didn't listen (which was most of the time), I got sick of having to pull him out of it.


This was my creative solution to "Gerrit proof" the fireplace...the stabilty ball! He was very upset when I first put it in there but soon found it a great surface to throw a ball at. I felt pretty good about my solution and was able to relax once again....

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

isn't it sad when you have to un-decorate your house? someday we'll be able to put the candles back out, right??

btw, i clicked on the picture to get the close up view. i love the cool bike picture, the skeins of yarn...and the tube of desitin. that just cracked me up. a little bit of each of you on that mantle :)